well, the upside to it is that, there are a lot of interested parties from both the local and mutinational arena, eyeing to buy the business. and we’re still okay insofar as our individual company’s performances are concerend. in short, we’re not losing money in the regional level (i.e., the philippines), it’s just that the federal loan plus its interest rates are so dang high! the mother company must divest in order to repay in such a short amount of time. we’re talking about $85 billion dollars revolving credit in two years here.
when I tried computing it in pesos after the exhange rate, I got an error. imagine that, hindi kinaya ng calculator!
so you ask, what do I do now? NOTHING. the best way to go is to wait it out until a new owner comes in. we were told that it’ll take about 6, 9 months at most for the negotiations to run before we know our FINAL fate. some possible scenarios: if we’re bought pakyawan, that’s good. but if only the portfolio is bought, then it’s bad news. because that means redundancy in positions, major lay-offs, name it. I hope I won’t be a witness to the latter when judgement day comes.
right about now, I am thinking of my own game plan. so please whisper a prayer for me. I’ll be needing heaps of those.